A dear friend of mine introduced me to this fantastic recipe and not only does it taste AMAZING it is also really healthy.
Almond Chicken Soup
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 onion, diced
1 minced garlic clove
1 large sweet potato, diced
2 chicken breasts, 1″ pieces
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup chopped kale
2 tbsp minced ginger
coarse salt and pepper
1 lime, wedged
- In a pot combine chicken stock, onion, garlic and sweet potato, then let this mixture come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, then add the chicken and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix almond butter and 1/2 cup of soup into a paste, give those arms a little workout or use a handy little blender.
- Next your going to add the kale and ginger to the soup. Bring this to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the almond paste.
- Add some lime juice and eat up!